Vai al contenuto
  • Navigazione recente   0 utenti

• Non ci sono utenti registrati da visualizzare in questa pagina.

13 hours ago, 330tr said:

La Nice venne spazzata via dalla storia e morì nella povertà più disperata, senza neppure una degna sepoltura (la tomba rimase anonima).

Viveva a Nizza, sotto falso nome, nella poverta assoluta... Ho trovato piu' fonti che diccono di un appartamento infestato dai ratti... Non aveva contatti con la familia e la cremazione e' stata pagata dalla Parisian charity organization, dopo di che le ceneri furono mandate a sua sorella a Sainte-Mesme, vicino il suo luogo di nascita, dove c'erano gia' le ceneri dei suoi genitori... Cio' nonostante, il suo nome non compare sulla lapide di famiglia...

Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

Nel 2010. c'e' stata una ceremonia di, come dire, riccordo per lei...

KjZJhvg.jpg

She was hard to deny in life, and her spirit is just as hard to deny in death. How else can you explain the draw this woman has, who was defamed over 60 years ago, and buried in a way that assured she would be forgotten, only to find that 26 years later there is a ceremony to celebrate her life and achievements, and to acknowledge her life publicly so that she will never be forgotten again?

Today ends the first, and possibly most important chapter in my part of the story of how Hellé Nice found me –

Several years ago, I found a hardcover book on a sale table. The now famous photograph of a smiling woman atop a race car was intriguing. I turned it over and read the reviews... interesting, I thought. Five dollars? What have I got to lose? Little did I know how much I had to gain when I picked up that book!

As I read the words, I was captured, thrilled, saddened, and ultimately angry. I could not understand how this could happen to a woman so bold and strong!

The last paragraph of “The Bugatti Queen “ reads - “My wish, above all, is that her extraordinary life should not be forgotten. A heroine who rose from obscurity, and who now lies in an unmarked grave, deserves to be honored and recalled as she was once described, as a champion of the world”. These heartfelt words by Miranda Seymour were read by many. Most readers agreed with Miranda, saying “yes, she’s right; Hellé Nice should not be forgotten.”

Hellé Nice made sure I understood those words that so touched my heart and they became my call to action. The actions that have followed up to this point have been serendipitous, a path planned all along for me to walk.

As I put the book down, I went to my computer, and Googled Miranda Seymour. I sent her an email to tell her how much I had enjoyed the book. In my first email to Miranda on March 16, 2008, I began by saying how fortunate I was to be reading the book and that I echo her sentiment in the introduction that “I shall miss her”. I also asked in that email if she knew if there was a foundation in Hellé’s honor. I was not really expecting a reply, even though I asked her that night to “please return email”. How bold that was! Miranda replied the next day to that email, and in October of that year, 5 years after “The Bugatti Queen “ was published, I met Miranda in London face to face…I will add at this point that she was still not sure of my intentions, but met me anyway…. I had promised Hellé – “NO” was not an option. No matter what she thought, Miranda continued to send me names of those to contact to help….

Every instance of contact with people has met with no resistance. I have done internet radio interviews, interviews in print, and sent out countless emails to gather support for this project, all met with favorable replies. My friends here in Sainte Mesme have been contacting many more people throughout Europe. There has been a great outpouring of support, as you can see from the attendance here today!

Hellé has provided me with broad based support. There is an artist here in France, Xavier Lavictoire, who donated 3 prints of Hellé Nice he created to auction . Another artist from Portugal did 2 original pieces of art, and sent them as well. Funds continue to be raised to help pay for the marker and ceremony.

I have met some of the most wonderful people imaginable, many of which are here today – Miranda, Dr. Patricia Lee Yongue, who is a supporter, and has given countless hours on the phone to answer all my questions on Hellé Nice and numerous other women racers, Louis Dejean and his wife Elisabeth, Bruno Perrin and his wife Valerie and those involved with the Souvenir Hellé Nice, members of the Delangle family, and Mary Ann Dickinson, from California, who was so moved by the story of Hellé Nice, she became a supporter, and flew in for only a few days to be here at this ceremony, as well as many, many new friends today. These people have helped bring the memory of Hellé Nice back into the open. All here today share a passion for doing what is right, to finally honor this beautiful, talented and courageous woman for her achievements . Achievements she found important to pursue in a man’s world. She stands beside me today as an inspiration, to do what I feel is important and to make every day an adventure!

I thank you for being here, for bringing all these wonderful automobiles and flowers, and for keeping the memory of Hellé Nice alive in your hearts and minds for all these years! It is a fitting tribute and honor to a woman who shall now stand as a heroine and a pioneer in women’s motorsports.
May she here now rest in peace -
Merci beaucoup!

sScI1KH.jpg

Nella foto Annie Soisbault, pilota di rally francese, e Sheryl e Robert Delangle, cugini di Hellé Nice...

Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti